To speed user input, developers can define a keyboard shortcut for flow actions. This is an optional capability available in all applications, and is recommended for accessible applications not using the Take Action drop down menu.
To create a shortcut key for a flow action:
- Create a field value rule by selecting the Application menu and choosing New > Rule > Property > Field Value. The new rule pop-up window displays.
- Apply the new field value to @baseclass.
- Enter pyCaption as the field name and the name of the flow action that you are creating a shortcut key for as the field value. Click Create.
- On the Localized labeltab, enter the name of the flow action in the localized label field, making sure to add an ampersand (&) somewhere in the name and that it matches the name of the flow action exactly.
Note: Although the & can be located anywhere in the name, the letter following the ampersand '&' becomes the shortcut key for the button.
- Click OK and Save the rule.
Using the shortcut key
To use a custom-defined shortcut key for a flow action on the harness, hold down the ALT key while pressing the appropriate key.
For example: if you defined a shortcut key for the Resolve As Duplicate flow action with the & located before the D in Duplicate, you would press ALT+D to enable the Resolve as Duplicate flow action.