Before you begin: If you plan to use a custom application template, configure the
template for reuse. For more information, see Configuring applications for reuse. If you plan to collaborate with people who do not have an operator ID, configure the
Default email account. For more information, see Creating an email account in Dev Studio.
To start developing your projects in a convenient and intuitive way, build
your application on an application template. When you create an application on a template, you
save time because you reuse key elements of the application, such as case types or data
You can choose a default application that Pega Platform
provides, or create your custom templates.
- Choose a type of application to create:
- To build directly on Pega Platform, click
- To build your application on an application template, hover over the application
name, and then click Learn more.
- To search for an application template, click Search all
- Click Use this application type.
- If you want to reuse resources from the application, such as case types or data types,
import the resources to your new application:
- In the Select case types section, select the check box next
to each relevant case type.
- Click Continue.
- In the Select data types section, select the check box next
to each relevant data type to import.
- Click Continue.
- In the Name your application field, enter a unique name for your
- Optional: To configure a custom class structure or organization, click Advanced
- Click Create application.
- Optional: To develop your application more quickly, in the Optionally, add
users section, create a team:
- In the text field, press the Down arrow key, and then select a user name or email
If you enter an email address that is new in the system, the system creates a new
- Control which type of access the user has to your application by select a role in
- Click Add.
Caution: If an email account error occurs when you add a user, take note
of the user ID and generated password, because the user may not receive these
credentials in an email.
- Click Go to app.