Use the Security tab to manage operator authentication, passwords, and license type, to allow rule check out, and to enable and disable the operator.
- To change an operator's password, click Update password.
- In the Change Operator ID Password dialog box, in the New Password field, enter the new password.
- In the Confirm New Password field, reenter the password to confirm it.
- Click Submit.
The system converts the password to a hash value by using the salted bcrypt algorithm. The hashed value is contained within the Storage Stream (BLOB) column of the pr_operators table. By using the View XML action, you can discover only the hashed form of any operator password.
You can set the password policy from.
As a security feature, the passwords for email@example.com and three other initial operator IDs can be changed only by logging in as one of those operators.
- Optional: To allow this operator to update rules in rulesets that use rule checkout, select the Allow rule check out check box.
- Optional: To authenticate this operator only through external authentication facilities, select the Use external authentication check box.
- Optional: To force the operator to change their password next time the operator logs in, select the Force password change on next login check box.
- Optional: To disable the operator, select the Disable Operator check
Note: If the operator is provided with Pega Platform, enter a new password that is consistent with your security policies. Change the password by clicking Update Password and send the new password to the enabled operator.
- Optional: In the Starting activity to execute field, specify the first activity that the system runs after this user is authenticated. The default is Data-Portal.ShowDesktop.
- In the License type list, click the license type.
- Named – Human users who do business operations by using a Pega application or customer-created interface
- Invocation – Abstract users that are used for agents, services, and other background processes, and external users whose processing is typically done through the Directed Web Access feature