- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click Definition.
- In the Built on applications section, click Add application.
- In the Name field, enter the name of the application that you want to add.
- In the Version field, enter the version of the
application that you want to add.As a best practice, add the latest version of your application.
- To add more built-on applications, repeat steps 2 through 4.
- Click Save.
- Best practices for using multiple built-on applications
To increase reuse between your Pega Platform applications and speed up the development process, enhance your applications by using multiple built-on applications. Built-on applications are structured as a hierarchical application tree.
- Application stack hierarchy for multiple built-on applications
When you use multiple built-on applications, Pega Platform automatically converts the hierarchical application tree of multiple built-on applications into a single linear application stack. As a result, you can shorten development time and increase consistency in your application by reusing rulesets and frameworks.