Incorporate advanced options into your application to ensure that the software that you develop meets your unique business requirements. For example, you can define how your application renders the UI, or enable your system to automatically manage background processes.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click Definition.
- On the Definition tab, expand the Advanced section.
- Modify the advanced application settings to meet your needs:
- To allow users to modify rules in a production environment, click
Add production ruleset, and then in the
Production rulesets (customization) field, enter
the ruleset that includes the rules that you want to make available for
users to edit.
Ensure that you unlock at least one ruleset version in the production ruleset.
For more information, see Production rulesets.
- To configure your system to automatically manage the resolution of job
scheduler and queue processor rules in an application without any manual
configurations, select the Include in background
processing check box.
For more information, see Managing system resources.
- To define how your application renders the UI at run time, in the
UI Runtime section, define whether you want your
application to use standard server-rendered UI or Cosmos React.
For more information, see Cosmos React (early adopter).
- To maintain properties on both the pxRequestor and
pxThread pages, clear the Place
properties on thread page only (5-4 or later) check
By default, your application maintains the properties on the pxThread page only. Change this setting only for backward compatibility with applications built on Pega Platform version 5.3 or earlier. In any other scenario, keep the default setting.
- To define a screen that opens after a user logs out of the application, in the Log off redirection list, select the screen that you want to use.
- To allow users to modify rules in a production environment, click Add production ruleset, and then in the Production rulesets (customization) field, enter the ruleset that includes the rules that you want to make available for users to edit.
- Click Save.