Create a component to support feature reuse in another system or application. You can control which rulesets define your component and whether your component has dependencies on other rulesets or applications.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Click New component.
- In the Label field, enter a name for your component ruleset.
- In the Version field, enter a number that distinguishes this version of the component from previous versions.
- Click Create and open.
- Update the Component rulesets. Change the default ruleset or add rulesets to the component.
- List required Prerequisites for this component.
- Click Save.
- Documenting a component
Document the components that you create to help users decide whether they can reuse your component in other applications.
- Packaging a component
You can use a component in applications on other systems. To import a component into another system, package the component.
- Shared ruleset
A shared ruleset contains a small number of rules that each operate on a common, top-level page of a single class (or of subclasses of that class).