- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the Settings tab, click Integration.
- In the Microservice APIs section, click Generate create case microservice code.
- Use the information in the following fields to create a case of the selected case type
from your external application:
For more information, see the documentation for your external application.
- In the Request URL (HTTP POST method) field, copy the URL
that you can access to create the case, and then paste the URL in the external
application.Ensure that you invoke the URL by using the HTTP POST method.
- In the HTTP authentication header field, copy the header for the microservice call, and then, in the external application, enter the login credentials in the header for basic HTTP authentication.
- In the Request body field, copy the body for the microservice call, and then, in the external application, paste the body and replace the values for fields in the content node with values that are appropriate for the case that you want to create.
For example: The following figure shows an example set of values to use in your external application:
- In the Request URL (HTTP POST method) field, copy the URL that you can access to create the case, and then paste the URL in the external application.
- Optional: To see a list of the built-in Pega API REST services in Pega Platform, click View all Pega API.
The Generate create case microservice code option opens a dialog box that contains the information that you can use in a Pega API call, to call the create case microservice from your external application. By calling the microservice, you create a case in your application.