You can save data that is in a data page to a system of record by including a Save Data Page smart shape in the flow of an application. By using this smart shape in a flow, you can save the data in an independent transaction, which enables the save data process to succeed or fail independently of the work item.
- Configure a savable data page.
- In the Diagram tab of a flow, click .
- Right-click the Save Data Page smart shape and click View Properties.
- In the Automation details section, in the Data Page
Name field, select or enter the name of the savable data page that you
configure in Step 1.
The selected or entered name must be an autopopulated property that references a savable data type.
- Optional: To specify an autopopulated property, complete the following steps:
- Select the Use associated property check box.
- In the Autopopulate Property Name field, select or enter the name of an autopopulated property.
- Click Submit.
- Drag the Save Data Page smart shape to the part of the flow in which you want the data in the data page to be saved.
- Click Save.