Improve the performance of your duplicate case search and limit the number of potential duplicates by defining basic conditions for potential duplicate cases.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- In the case working area, on the Workflow tab, click Life cycle.
- In the Case life cycle section, click the Search duplicate cases step for which you want to define basic conditions.
- In the step property panel, click Add basic condition.
- In the dialog box that appears, in the Potential duplicate,
Comparator, and Current case fields, enter
the property names and values that you want to use to determine duplicates in a comparison
against the existing cases.The application uses these values to compare existing cases against the current case to identify potential duplicates.
For example: To compare your case with all cases that contain the same email address, enter Email is same. Note: Properties that an exact condition references must be exposed as columns in the database. For more information, see Planning for property optimization.
- Optional: To define more basic conditions, in the dialog box, click Add a row, and then go to step 5.
- Optional: To mark the case as a potential duplicate only when the case meets all basic conditions, in the field below When, select and.
- Optional: To mark the case as a potential duplicate when the case meets at least one basic condition, in the field below When, select or.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
Users can decide whether to close a case as a duplicate or ignore the potential duplicate and continue. A dialog box provides the reason for marking the case as a potential duplicate, which helps users make an informed decision.