You can use extension points, system settings, and standard rules to customize the processing that occurs when you add an attachment to a case. For example, you can scan an attachment for viruses.
The following rules support attachments in a case:
- An activity that you can override to integrate your application with an external virus-checking module, such as a Java routine or Windows DDL file.
- A flow action that you can add to a process so that users can open and edit file attachments in a case. When you submit the form for this flow action, your application creates a new version of the attachment.
- An attribute that you can set in the
prconfig.xmlfile to change the default size limit of 1 GB for attachments.
- The default table in the database that you can query to retrieve case attachments. You can also store case attachments in external CMIS systems or web storage providers.
- An activity that you can override to customize attachment download.
- A when rule that you can override and save to your ruleset to enable or disable linking attachments from a Pulse post to a case.
Previous topic Restricting user actions for case attachments