Pega Platform provides tools to implement case management as the way to meet your business objectives. You can create goal-oriented solutions by defining reusable templates for business processes that guide users to a successful resolution, but also provide flexibility for an appropriate reaction in changing circumstances. Make right decisions about the best course of action that leads to your defined objective by taking advantage of the following aspects of Pega case management:
- Business process visualization
- Users can better understand and analyze a business process through visualization. After creating a visual representation of the workflow, people, and data that the business process involves, users can follow the most efficient path to their business objective. Pega Platform provides an intuitive editor to define your business process in the way that reflects work that you need to perform. Through visualization, you can transparently communicate your business process to others, for example to stakeholders.
- Goal-oriented business outcome
- Users can focus on the crucial part in a business process, that is, reaching a specific goal. Users meet their business objectives by following a predefined path or by adjusting the sequence of actions to dynamically changing circumstances.
- Support for non-linear business activities
- Users can flexibly start supporting business processes that are most relevant to the current circumstances.
- Ad hoc tasks
- Users can go beyond the predefined order of assignments by creating dynamic tasks and assigning them to individuals. Adding instructions and setting goals and deadlines facilitates the assignment resolution.
- Enhanced business flexibility
- Users can move a business process to any passed or subsequent milestone for additional processing to ensure that the work is fully completed.
- Transparency of information
- Users have a clear view of how a business process reaches a certain point, even after re-routing and additional processing, by following an audit trial and analyzing changes of individual fields and values.
- People-driven and collaboration-centric processes
- Users can share progress and changes in business processes by using multiple collaboration tools, such as instant messages or documents, to speed up resolution and ensure that everyone has relevant information. To keep users well-informed, Pega Platform also offers notifications about various events in the workflow.
The following figure shows a sample visualization of a business process with a goal of approving a job candidate:As your business circumstances change, you can add and remove steps in the process, add optional and supporting actions, and, finally, manage data and personas in the process.
What to do next: Before you start delivering end-to-end digital solutions for your customers, learn how you can fully benefit from Pega Platform case management:
- Identifying case types elements
To maximize efficiency while processing work, analyze your business processes, needs, and requirements. After you identify and evaluate the main elements of your work, you can take full advantage of the possibilities that Pega Platform provides to define and visualize your business cases by creating case types.
- Understanding case hierarchy
Before you start visualizing your business cases, analyze the relationships and interactions between them. When you think about the outcome that you want to achieve, decide whether you need to create only one template to complete your work, or several templates for smaller results that add up to your ultimate goal. Analysis of your business needs helps you make the most of the tools that Pega Platform provides and create the most efficient solutions.
- Identifying people involved in case types
Along with actions and data, people involved in your business process are a key element in achieving your goals. Before you start modeling and automating your work with the tools that Pega Platform offers, define the people that you need to engage in your business process, what actions they need to perform, and what device they might use to interact with your application.
- Building case types
After you identify the main elements of your case types, and the relationships and dependencies in a case type hierarchy, start dividing your business cases into smaller parts so that you can use Pega Platform to visualize and then process your work to achieve your goals.
- Providing data for cases
After you define templates for your business processes, in order to start processing work you need data. Pega Platform offers tools that you can use to efficiently collect, organize, and manage data in your application.
- Understanding and complying with case management best practices
As you work through your business process, you might need specific information or data formats to reach your business goal. Pega Platform offers tools that you can use to ensure that the work that users perform in your application aligns with compliance and regulatory requirements that you set for your case types.