Display an error message in your survey when an answer is invalid, to ensure that the information that users provide is accurate and in an expected format.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Click the name of a survey.
- Click a question so that it has focus.
- In the Validations section, click the Gear icon.
- Define the validation conditions.
- In the Message field, enter text for an error message.
- In the Field list, select a question in your survey.
- In the Value field, enter a value that is the same format as
the expected answer to the question.
For example, you can enter a positive integer in this field when the answer represents years of experience.
Tip: For more guidance which values you can evaluate in the condition, click Select values.
- In the Comparator list, select an operation that compares
the answer to the value that you provide.
For example, you can verify that the user provides a phone number for each name on the emergency contact question page.
- Click OK.
- Click Save survey.