Format a radio button matrix in a survey to ask a series of related questions that users answer by selecting one option from a repeating group of radio buttons. In a radio button matrix, in each row, users can select an answer from only one column. For example, you can ask users to rate their pain threshold on a scale of one to five for different activities, such as swimming, running, or walking.
- Navigate to the questionnaire:
Choices Actions Open the questionnaire in App Studio
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
- In the list of case types, open a case type of the Questionnaire type that you want to edit.
Open the questionnaire in Dev Studio
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Click the questionnaire that you want to edit.
- If you have multiple questions in the question page, click the question that you want to edit.
- In the list of question types, select Radio button matrix.
- In the rich text editor, enter your question.
For example: Enter Rate your pain threshold during different activities.
- In the Columns section, create columns for the matrix:
- In the Rows section, create rows for the matrix:
- Click Add row.
- In the text field, enter a label for the row.
For example: Enter different activities, such as Swimming or Running.
- Optional: To store the selected value from a column under a name that is different from
the label, change the reporting value:
- Click .
- In the Reporting value field, replace the default value with your custom value.
For example: You can label the columns with adjectives describing different levels of pain, and then store the results as numbers.
- Optional: To display a row only in selected scenarios, configure visibility
- Click .
- From the Visible when list, select When, and then click Edit.
- Provide a value to compare at run time, a comparator, and a value to
compare against the first value.
For example: To display Swimming only to users who declare performing this activity, create the condition Activity is in list "Swimming", "Running", "Walking".
- Optional: To add more conditions, click Add a row.
- If you create multiple rows, define whether an answer needs to meet all or any conditions by selecting either and or or between the rows.
- Click Submit.
- Click Save.