The system name, or system ID, identifies a single Pega Platform™ instance and forms part of the name of every element of that system. The system name appears on the History tab of every rule and data form that is created for or within that system. A system can have one node or a cluster of many server nodes.
When you install each instance of Pega, its system has the default name (ID) "pega". It helps the organization of your code assets to specify a separate name or ID for each installed system. Unique system names also help to clarify the history of your code. For example, when a module is created in one system and then imported into another, you can track its development more clearly in the History tabs of the module's rules if those two systems have unique names.
The Autonomic Event Services product (AES) produces reports about system performance by system name. If you have multiple unrelated systems that a single AES installation monitors, you need to provide a unique name for each system. For more information about AES, see About Autonomic Event Services (AES), Enterprise Edition.
Perform the following steps to rename your system:
- Click . The System Name landing page displays the current system name and the list of associated nodes.
- In the New Name field, enter a name that meets these requirements:
- Starts with a letter
- Contains only letters, digits, or the underscore character
- Contains no more than 32 characters
. The Pega 7 Platform performs the following tasks:
- Creates all required requestor types: App, Batch, Browser, and Portal
- Creates a System Name rule with the specified name
- Updates the Dynamic System Setting
- Updates the system name that appears on the landing page
- Stop and restart all nodes of the system. The new system name takes effect when the system starts up.
- Run the System-Status-Nodes.SystemNodeDetails.ALL standard report to view the list of affected node IDs.
- Delete the “pega” related Requestor Type instances, System instance, and Agent Schedule instances to keep your applications clean.