Create Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) for Alexa so that users interact with a Pega Platform application through voice commands to open a case or to perform other actions, such as displaying a menu of options.
- Create a new channel interface:
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click Channels and interfaces.
- In the Create new channel interface section, click Alexa.
- In the Details section, in the Channel interface name field, enter a name for your channel.
- Optional: To describe the purpose of the channel, in the Description field, enter a short description of your IVA.
- In the channel, click the Connection tab.
- In the Template operator ID list, click the name
of an existing Pega Platform operator to use as a
template. The system uses this operator as a template to create all further accounts. Each account has a unique channel identifier set as its ID.
- Click Save.
- Create an Alexa skill definition. An Amazon skill provides a built-in set of capabilities for Alexa, such as the ability to answer questions. Use the generated ID later, during chatbot configuration in Pega Platform. For more information, see Creating an Alexa skill definition.
- Set up an Alexa channel. You set up the new Alexa channel in Pega Platform by using the settings that were generated in the Amazon developer portal. For more information, see Setting up an Alexa channel.
- Generate default skill configuration results and import them to the Amazon
skill that you created in the Amazon developer portal. For more information, see Updating the Alexa skill configuration.
- Optional: To test the Alexa skill definition, verify that the skill results work
correctly. For more information, see Testing the Alexa skill definition.