Save time building your chatbot by creating Pega Intelligent Virtual Assistant™ (IVA) based
on a verified configuration in another IVA channel.
For example, in your
production environment, if you have an IVA for Unified Messaging that
intelligently responds to customer inquiries, starts business cases, and interacts with your
application, you can reuse the Unified Messaging channel configuration in another channel.
When you create
a Unified Messaging or Web Chatbot channel based on a configuration in
another IVA channel, the system copies the following information from the existing
- Case commands
- Response commands
- Text analyzers
- Settings in the Options section
- Template operator
Before you begin: Create a Unified Messaging or Web Chatbot channel, define the
channel behavior, and then verify that the chatbot correctly responds to user
interactions. For more information, see:
- In the navigation pane of
App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon
that represents your existing Unified Messaging or Web Chatbot
channel with the settings that you want to copy to the new channel.
- In the upper right of the page, click .
- In the Copy channel interface window, click the Unified Messaging or Web Chatbot icon that represents the channel
that you want to create.Result: The system displays the new channel.
- In the Details section, in the Channel
interface name field, enter a name for your channel.
- Optional: To describe the purpose of the channel, in the
Description field, enter a short description of your
- For Unified Messaging channels, click the
Connection tab, and then, in the Base
URL field, enter a new URL for your system.
- Click Save.