- Configure Unified Messaging channel security settings. For more information, see Configuring Unified Messaging channel security.
- If you do not have an IVA for Unified Messaging, create a Unified Messaging channel. For more information, see Creating a Unified Messaging channel.
- If you do not have a Messages for Business account, create one in the Apple Business Register portal by registering for the Apple iMessage service. In the Messaging Service Provider section of your Messages for Business account, select the provider specified for your implementation, for example: Pegasystems Inc. or Pegasystems Inc. EU. Apple will generate an Apple identifier for your account. For more information, refer to the Apple Business Register portal.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the icon that represents your existing Unified Messaging channel.
- In the Unified Messaging channel, click the Connection tab.
- Click Integration Manager.
- In the Digital Messaging Manager window, click Add Connection, and then click the Apple Business Chat icon.
- On the New ABC page, in the Name field, enter a label for your Messages for Business account to use in the system.
- In the Business Chat ID field, enter the identifier for
your Messages for Business account.Apple generates a unique Apple identifier when you create an account in the Apple Business Register portal.
The following figure shows sample configuration settings for Apple Messages for Business:
- Click Save.
Result: The system displays information that the new Messages for Business account was successfully registered.
- Optional: To display all of your configured accounts for messaging platforms in the Digital Messaging Manager window, click Home.
- Close the browser window, and then in the Unified Messaging channel, click Save.