In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Data.
Click Data objects and integrations.
Click a data object.
Click Data views.
In the row of the data view with the source that you want to replace, click.
In the Connection details section, in the Method field, select the connection method, GET or POST.
In the Parameters section, choose which part of the URL are dynamic and need to be parameterized for future calls.
Select the URL part that you want to parameterize.
In the Parameter name field, enter the name.
In the Headers section, click Add header to specify a request header and its value. Some services require extra information, for example, API version.
In the Authentication section, select the type of authentication to use to connect to the system of record.
Map the REST response and request fields to fields in the data view.
- For information about mapping fields for the GET method, see Mapping fields for the GET method for existing data objects.
- For information about mapping fields for the POST method, see Mapping fields for the POST method for existing data objects.
On the Environment settings page, in the Endpoint URL section, update the application setting by performing one of the following actions:
- To create a new application setting, in the Setting field, press the Down arrow key and select Create New Setting. Then change the values in the Name field and Category field if necessary.
- To use an existing application setting, in the Setting field, press the Down arrow key and select an existing application setting from the list.
In the section for the environment that you are configuring, click Edit.
In the Do you want to edit this setting? dialog box, click Edit.
Update the value in the Base URL field.
In the Authentication section, update the application setting by performing one of the following actions provided in step 12.
When you replace a data source, the following artifacts are created or versioned:
- Integration class, if it does not exist
- Connect REST rule
- A new application setting is created for the authentication profile
- A new application setting is created for the base URL
- Response data transform
- Response JSON data page
- The existing data page is versioned with the new source information