Create an automation that you can use in Case Designer, flows, REST services, and activities to perform specific tasks. For example, you can configure an automation to move a case to the next stage, or to create a new case.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Activity Record Configuration page, in the Type field, select Automation.
- In the Operation field, choose the operation that you
want this automation to perform:
- To move a case to the next stage, select Change stage.
- To create a new case, select Create.
- To delete a case, select Delete.
- To read the data stored in a case, select Read.
- To update data stored in a case, select Update.
- To specify an operation that is not included in the Pega-provided list, select Other, and then in the New operation type field, enter the new operation.
- In the Label field, enter a description of the purpose of the automation.
- To change the default identifier, in the Identifier field, click Edit and then enter a unique value.
- In the Context section, in the Apply to field, press the Down Arrow key and select the class that defines the scope of the automation rule.
- In the Add to ruleset field, select the name and version of a ruleset that stores the automation rule.
- Click Create and open.