Migrate data from an external source to your application by importing it from a CSV file, for example, when adding data to your new application.Help ensure a successful migration by using a configuration template to set up your environment for optimal performance during migration. Perform the following tasks to migrate data:
- Create a configuration template for migration or select an existing template. For more information, see Creating a migration configuration template.
- Run the configuration by clicking Execute configuration on the Migration landing page.
- Disable all unnecessary declare triggers because they affect performance. To
view a list of declare triggers in your application, click View all
declare triggers in your application in the Additional
instructions section of the Migration settings landing
page.For more information on declare triggers, see Declare Trigger rules.
- Turn off indexing on the Search landing page. For more information, see Enabling the indexing of classes.
- Import your data by using the Data Import wizard. For more information, see Importing data from a file.
- Enable indexing, background processing, and disabled processes by clicking Revert configuration on the Migration landing page.