Ensure that your automation returns the expected results by simulating a response. You can define values for your automation outputs and then test them before running the automation in an application that you are developing.
You cannot simulate a response for Page or Page List outputs. To simulate a JSON response, see Simulating a JSON response in automations.
- Create a new automation or open an existing automation.
Choices Actions Create a new automation Follow the steps in Creating an automation. Open an existing automation
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Technical category and click Activity.
- Locate the automation for which you want to simulate a
response and click in its row.Automations have the activity type AUTOMATION.
- Click .
- Click the Implementation tab.
Result: The Implementation tab lists the outputs that you configured on the Definition tab in the Outputs column. The Map to column displays the data type to which you map the output value. For example, you create an output called Employee Start Date and define its data type as Date only. On the Implementation tab, Employee Start Date is displayed in the Output column, and an input field with a calendar icon is displayed in the Map to column.
- In the Map to column, define values for each output that you want to simulate.
- Click Save.
- Click .
- In the Run Automation window, click
Note: You do not need to select a thread in which to run the automation in the Thread field. The thread option does not apply to automations. Result: The Run Automation window displays the output name and the values that you defined.