When you have access to Automated Unit Testing, you can use flow markers to mark various points in a flow process. A flow marker saves test data and decisions that advance the flow execution to that point. Then, when you unit test the flow, you can jump directly to these specific points without having to input the same information every time.
For example, if you are changing a specific area of a complex flow, you can focus your unit testing on that area by setting a flow marker and jumping to it to begin testing from there. By using a flow marker, you can unit test more rapidly by skipping all the flow steps leading up to that point.
Creating a flow marker:
- Open the flow rule that you want to create the flow marker for.
- Click the Run toolbar tool. The Run Rule window appears.
- Go to the Test Cases tab of the opened rule.
- Click Record New Test Case. The system creates a new test page and starts executing the flow, beginning with creating the work object.
- Click Createto create the work object.
Enter test data and proceed with the flow. After the work object is created, you can save flow markers at points in the process by clicking Save Flow Marker.
The rest of the steps after step 4 for creating a flow marker are the same for V6.1.
- In the Test Page section, specify which page to use as the main page.
- Enter initial test data for the flow rule and click Continue.
- Once you have reached the step in the flow rule where you want to place the flow marker, click the Save Flow Marker button in the test navigation window. The New Flow Marker dialog box appears.
- In the Flow Marker Name field, enter a short string that describes the flow marker.
- Specify an appropriate RuleSet and version.
- Click Create.
Using Flow Markers
- Go to the Test Cases tab of the flow rule.
- In the Flow Markers table, select the name of the flow marker you want to jump to.
- The system advances the process to the flow marker's location.
To use a flow marker you have created, in the Test Page section of the Run Rule window, select which flow marker you want to jump to. Click the Jump to Flow Marker button.
By toggling the Show Flow markers for all Operator ID's check box, you can select from the flow markers created only by you or from all flow markers created.
You advance directly to the step saved in the flow marker.
From that step you can proceed through the flow process.