With continuous delivery, application changes run through rigorous automated regression testing and are deployed to a staging environment for further testing to ensure that there is a high confidence the application is ready to deploy on the production system.
Use Jenkins with the prpcServiceUtils tool to deploy the packaged application to test environments for regression testing or for other testing such as performance testing, compatibility testing, acceptance testing, and so on. At the end of the continuous delivery stage, the application is declared ready to deploy to the production environment. Follow these best practices to ensure quality:
- Use Docker or a similar tool to create test environments for user acceptance tests (UAT) and exploratory tests.
- Create a wide variety of regression tests through the user interface and the service layer.
- Check the tests into a separate version control system such as Git.
- If a test fails, roll back the latest import.
- If all the tests pass, annotate the application package to indicate that it is ready to be deployed. Deployment can be done either automatically with Jenkins and JFrog Artifactory or manually.
For more information, see the following articles and help topics: