Enhance your end-to-end UI testing of run-time scenarios by simulating the user experience of interacting with attachments. When recording scenario tests, you can add and edit files attached to a test case and view the interaction during playback.
- Launch App Studio or Dev Studio, based on where you want to perform the test.
- Do one of the following to open the automation recorder:
- In App Studio, on the lower-left side of the screen, click the Test icon.
- In Dev Studio, on the lower-right side of the screen, toggle the run-time toolbar, and then click the Toggle Automation Recorder icon.
- In the Scenario tests pane, click Create test
case, and then select the test type:
- To record a test for a portal, select Portal.
- To record a test for a case, select Case type,
and then select the type of case for which you want to record the
Note: When you select the case type, a new case of that type is created.
- Record the steps for the test by clicking the UI elements.
Result: When you hover over a testable element, an orange highlight box appears. When you click an element, you record an implicit assertion and add the interaction to the list of test steps.
- Click Attachments to attach a file to the work object.
You can also attach files from Recent attachments, or
anywhere that files can be attached from the UI.
- To attach a local file, select File from device.
- To attach a link, select URL.
- Provide the required information and select Submit to attach the file to the work object. Attached files appear on the Files & documents pane on the right side.
- Continue recording as many steps as necessary. When you finish adding steps, in the Test case pane, click Stop and save test case.
- You can edit attached files by changing the Attachment
key in the test case step. To edit the attachment:
- Navigate to the test case that you want to edit and select Edit. See Opening a scenario test case for more information.
- Identify the step that includes the attachment and select the pencil icon to edit that attachment.
- Edit the Attachment key to configure the test case attachment as required.
- Click Save step.
- Click Save to exit the editor and update the test case.
Result: The test case appears on the Scenario testing landing page.