Deployment Manager is the standard way to test and deploy Pega applications. It exposes all capabilities of the Pega Platform necessary to automate your DevOps workflows, including branch merging, application packaging, applying quality gates, and promoting an application to different environments. Deployment Manager leverages market-leading case management technology to build and run continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines with a familiar, model-driven experience.
Deployment Manager provides best practice-based application deployment pipelines out-of-the-box. These pipelines are easy to configure and customize through a low-code model-driven experience. You can get started quickly with a standardized, automated, and repeatable process ensuring predictable, high-quality releases.
Developer integration features
Ease of integration enables fast, repeatable application publishing practices.
- App Studio publish- Low-code developers can leverage the capability of Deployment Manager to publish changes through the development system, including testing, staging, and production environments.
- Dev Studio merge - Dev Studio users can practice Continuous Integration (CI) by leveraging the Merge wizard to validate and integrate changes to a repository
Release management features
Pipeline modeling within Deployment Manager supports customization of the release lifecycle, to include packaging, testing, and publishing.
- Pipeline templates - Use and enhance pre-configured CI/CD workflows and other release pipelines.
- Pipeline management - Create, edit, archive, or delete a pipeline. You can also review deployment history as well as various key performance indicators.
- Deployment management - Manage the deployment for a pipeline. Review the progress, act on tasks, review failures, rollbacks, promote to the next phase, or view reports.
- Automated testing support - Run automated tests such as PegaUnit and scenario tests.
- Diagnosis - Diagnose the pipelines for any potential issues. Leverage a chatbot to find the right content for a possible issue.
- Artifact management - Manage automated application packaging and distribution to higher environments.
Ensure development best practices by implementing validation tasks in your pipeline model.
- Guardrails for application and branches with a threshold score.
- Enable test coverage and assess percentage scores to reach goal coverage.
- Enforce completion check of the application security checklist.
- Enforce code review to check code conflicts before the merge.
Manage operators and environment setup through Deployment Manager studio.
- User management - Configure roles, users, and authorize users to the application.
- Authentication profile management - Manage authentication profiles for communication with other Pega Platform instances.
- Setup - Generic configurations including enabling chatbot, generating client secrets, and more.
Customize your Deployment Manager experience and tailor your pipeline modeling solution for any application need.
- Custom tasks - Extend the current framework and build your own task to integrate with external systems.
- APIs - Integrate with Deployment Manager APIs to work seamlessly with other DevOps tools on your stack.
- Jenkins integration is available out-of-the-box.
Deployment Manager Studio
Deployment Manager studio is a dedicated environment housing all of the above capabilities. Deployment Manager studio allows users to focus on designing, configuring, and managing pipelines for applications. Pega best practice recommendations around DevOps are built into the studio. The following image shows a view of all pipelines created for applications and the respective versions.
Available to both on-premises and Pega Cloud customers, Deployment Manager makes it easy to set up and deploy your Pega applications without the need for any third-party automation tools.Deployment Manager components are handled manually if you are using it on-premises. Because Pega Cloud services manages the orchestration server in any Pega Cloud subscription, Pega Cloud services manages the installation and updates of Deployment Manager orchestration servers.
- Getting to know the systems and components
Get to know some of the high-level components necessary for a successful Deployment Manager implementation before installation.
- Installing or updating Deployment Manager 5
Get started with Deployment Manager by using a model-driven solution with built-in best practices to deploy Pega applications. Find the applicable resources in the following table to install or update.
- Configuring pipelines and deploying applications in Deployment Manager
Use Deployment Manager to create continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, which automate tasks so that you can quickly deploy high-quality software to production.
- Configuring additional settings in 5.5.x
As part of your pipeline, users can optionally receive notifications through email when events occur. For example, users can receive emails when tasks or pipeline deployments succeed or fail. For more information about the notifications that users can receive, see .
- Creating and using custom tasks
Deployment Manager supports a range of tasks to support the different application deployment scenarios for Pega powered applications out-of-the-box. Although comprehensive, the default task configurations cannot account for every use case for every customer. The orchestrator-based custom task functionality allows you to create unique tasks specific to your business needs which can be included in pipelines. Any task not shipped with Deployment Manager is considered to be a custom task.
- Understanding App Studio publishing
App Studio publish enables Pega Platform users to publish and deploy application changes with no prior Deployment Manager experience necessary. This seamless functionality publishes minor application changes through deployment pipelines to create new artifacts without ever leaving App Studio.
- Accessing API documentation
Deployment manager provides REST APIs for interacting with resources that in the Deployment Manager interface. Use these APIs to create and manage pipelines by using automated scripts or external information.
- Release notes
These release notes provide information about enhancements, known issues, issues related to updating from a previous release, and issues that were resolved in each release of Deployment Manager.
- Past release documentation
The Deployment Manager releases for the corresponding versions of documentation are no longer available to be downloaded from Pega Marketplace.
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
See the list below for a curated list of frequently asked questions about Deployment Manager.
- How to articles
See the following articles for information about performing tasks with Deployment Manager.
- Best practices for using pipelines in Deployment Manager
Use Deployment Manager, a model-driven DevOps solution, to continuously deploy high-quality applications to production using preconfigured pipeline templates.