You can import and upload the modified ruleset of the DMSample application to explore key Pega 7.2 decisioning features. The modified ruleset focuses on demonstrating the principles of using proposition filters and configuring data flows for decision validation and discovery.
The Pega 7 Platform includes DMSample, a decision management sample application that illustrates typical use cases of decision management functionality without the external Adaptive Decision Manager service. DMSample shows the principles of predictive analytics, propositions, strategies, interaction-driven processes, data processing, and complex event processing. Although DMSample does not require the external Adaptive Decision Manager service, this sample application demonstrates adaptive learning by using the corresponding embedded ADM process.
DMSample ruleset modifications
In the modified DMSample ruleset, the decision design in the Top Offers and Credit Risk Recommendation cases implement proposition eligibility through proposition filters, aligning with Pega 7.2 decisioning functionality that allows for centralized proposition eligibility.
The modified ruleset version also contains artifacts that you can use for decision discovery, exploration, and validation. Strategy test runs can be made against the data awareness data flow in batch or single mode, and, with the analytical models testing strategy, you can validate predictive model results against customer data.
Importing the modified ruleset to Pega 7.2
To install the modified ruleset, download the JAR file, and import that file to the Pega 7 Platform.
Make sure that your Pega 7 Platform operator account has the DMSample:Administrators access privileges.
- Download the DMSample-07-10-24.zip archive.
- Extract the DMSample-07-10-24.jar file.
- Log in to the Pega 7 Platform as an administrator.
- Click Designer Studio > Application > Distribution > Import.
- In the Import wizard, browse your directory and select DMSample-07-10-24.jar.
- As you complete the Import wizard, accept the default settings.
- In the Applications menu, verify that DMSample is the current application.
- From the Application menu, click Open Application.
- In the Application rulesets section, click the Open icon to access the DMSample ruleset record.
- Confirm that the 07-10-24 ruleset version contains 80 rules.
You can now explore the decision design by viewing the decision rules that are part of the DMOrg-DMSample-Data-Customer class.
The DMSample documentation provides procedures for the decision and process design choices of DMSample use cases, including the two case types that are modified in by this ruleset version (Top Offers and Credit Risk Recommendation).