When you build a mobile app for iOS devices, you have to generate iOS provisioning files and upload them to your mobile channel in Dev Studio. A provisioning profile provides a link between the mobile device and your Apple developer account.
If you do not have a computer running Mac OS X, you can create provisioning files on a Windows-based system by following this procedure. For detailed instructions on building mobile apps, see Configuring a mobile app.
- Download and install OpenSSL for Windows 32-bit from
into the following path:
- If Visual C++ 2008 is not already installed, download and install the Visual C++ 2008 32-bit redistributable packages.
- Create a folder to hold all the certificate files, and click > > and browse to that folder.
- Create a key file by entering the following command at the command prompt:
C:\OpenSSL-Win32\bin\openssl genrsa -out mykey.key 2048
- Create a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) by entering the following command at the command prompt:
C:\OpenSSL-Win32\bin\openssl req -new -key mykey.key -out CertificateSigningRequest.certSigningRequest -subj "/emailAddressfirstname.lastname@example.org, CN=Your Name, C=US"
Replace the key name, email address, name, and country code, as necessary.
- Upload the Certificate Signing Request to the Apple Developer website:
If your CSR is not accepted promptly, refresh the website after a few minutes.
- Click the Download link next to the accepted certificate.
Download the developer_identity.cer file to the folder that you created in step 3.
- Convert the .cer file to the .pem format by entering the following command at the command prompt:
C:\OpenSSL-Win32\bin\openssl x509 -in developer_identity.cer -inform DER -out developer_identity.pem -outform PEM
- Create the .p12 file by entering the following command at the command prompt:
C:\OpenSSL-Win32\bin\openssl pkcs12 -export -inkey mykey.key -in developer_identity.pem -out iphone_dist.p12
When prompted, enter the password to confirm the action.
- Set up your devices, App ID, and provisioning on the Apple Developer website:
https://developer.apple.com/ios/manage/provisioningprofiles/index.actionThe Apple App ID format is similar to the following example:
- Download the provisioning file to the folder that you created in step 3.
- Return to your Pega Platform™ application and upload the provisioning file and the .p12 file on the Channels and interfaces tab in Dev Studio.
- Set your app identifier to the same value as the App ID on the Apple Developer website.