Summary views enable you to drill down into a more detailed list view
(In releases before V5.5, you can drill down to a different summary view, or to a detailed view. These two choices remain available in V5.5.).
As an example of how from a summary view you can drill down to a list view, create a summary view that displays the total number of work objects of operators. By clicking on an operator, you can drill down to a list view displaying the individual work objects grouped by that operator.
After creating a summary view:
- On the Content tab, under the Group By section, enter .pxCreateOperator and Operator as the field and caption, respectively.
- Under the Fields section set the function to count and .pxCreateOperator as the field.
- Check the Trend Reporting check box under the Fields section. The Trend Definitions dialog displays. Select Weekly from the Trend drop down list. Set the starting date to today, select Create Date/Time (pxCreateDateTime) from the property drop down list, and have the trend definition go back three weeks. Click Apply.
- On the Drill Down tab, select List View from the DrillDown To drop down list and click Configure. The Drill Down Definitions dialog displays.
- Under Purpose, enter OperatorListView as the list view to drill down to. Under the Parameters section, enter OpPassed as the parameter name and .pxCreateOperator as the parameter value. Click Apply and save the summary view.
Next, create the list view you entered in the summary view:
- On the Content tab, under the Criteria section enter .pxCreateOperator as the field and Operator as the caption. Set the condition as Is Equal and the value as Param.OpPassed.
- Under the Get These Fields section, enter the following fields:
- On the Display Fields tab, under the Show These Fields section, enter the following fields and save the list view:
Now run the summary view. Click the Run button. The summary view displays.
Click on an operator to drill down to a list view containing of all the individual work objects created by that operator.