For guidance on the Application Document Wizard in previous releases, see:
- DCO 6.2 and 6.3 - Using the Application Document Wizard
- DCO 6.1 - Using the Application Document Wizard
By completing the fields in Step 4 of the Application Document Wizard, you can define the order in which content appears in generated documents. This step is available for all supported template types.
For an overview of the different templates you can use with the Application Document Wizard, see Using the Application Document Wizard.
Ordering chapters and sections
Each chapter and section that you include in the generated document is represented as a row in an interactive grid.
To change the order of your content:
- Click the expand icon next to a chapter to see its contained sections.
- Drag and drop a chapter to change its position within the document. Chapters cannot be nested.
- Drag and drop a section to change its position within its containing chapter. You are warned if a section does not support reordering.
- Click or to insert custom content between chapters or sections.
- Use the checkboxes in the Include In Doc column to omit content. All chapters and sections are included in the document by default.
For more information on adding custom content, refer to the Adding custom chapters and subchapters help topic.