Deploy the Pega Platform application using the
prpc_j2ee14_ws.ear file included in
your distribution image.
The application server starts the application when it deploys. When the application starts, you might see error messages for missing resources and references. Ignore these messages; you supply these resources as you deploy. Stop the application after deploying.
When you restart the server after you deploy the application archives, the first node you bring up becomes the default search node. If you are deployed in a multi-node environment, the search node is node 1 and must be started first.
- Make sure that
prweb.waror the EAR file for your application server is not running.
- Use the IBM WebSphere Administrative Console to remove each of the
current versions of the applications.
- Navigate to Applications > Application Types > WebSphere Enterprise Applications to see a list of the installed applications. Select each of the applications and click Uninstall.
- When you click Uninstall on a
package, IBM WebSphere empties the ./installedApps/* directories. To complete the
uninstall, delete the following directories:
- Delete everything in the temporary directory. This is the directory
that you specified for the JNDI location
- From the left frame of the IBM WebSphere Administrative Console, select Applications > New Application.
- Click New Enterprise Application.
- Click Browse and select
prweb.warfrom the archives directory.
- Click Open, and then click Next.
- Select Detailed - Show me all installation options and
parameters. This option allows you to review all the deployment options for the application, including the default bindings and resource mappings.
- Click + to expand Choose to generate default bindings and mappings.
- Complete this page.
Check Generate Default Bindings.
Check Use default virtual host name for Web and SIP modules.
Leave the other default settings unchanged, and click Next.
- Scroll to the bottom on this page and click Continue to display
a wizard where you can specify deployment options.
This security file allows the Pega Platform to run when Java EE Security Checking is enabled.
This section of the deployment is a series of steps under the general heading of Install New Application.
- For Step One, accept the defaults and click Next.
- Continue through the next steps, either accepting the defaults, or customizing for your organization, as needed.
- In the Map context roots for Web Modules step, enter prweb as the context root, and click Next.
- Locate the step where you Map resource references to resources.
- In the Map resource references to resources step, there are
three rows that include "explicittempdir" in the Resource Reference column. Use the find
tool on your browser to find the correct rows for:
EJB EngineCMT bean
- For each of the three rows, change the value in the Target Resource JNDI
Name field to the temp directory, for example
url/initialization/explicittempdir. This maps the location you specified in the URL provider you created to the corresponding Resource Reference in the application, so that the application will use the location for the PegaTempDir. Use the Browse button and Apply to change each of the three values.
- Click Next.
Depending on your configuration, you might see a set of warnings related to missing resource references. These warnings are informational. Review the warnings, and then continue.
Note: These are resource references that are defined in
web.xml, the deployment configuration files for the application, but not mapped to resource definitions in your application. In the page, Map resources to references, they are mapped to the Target Resource JNDI Name url/pega/none, indicating that they are not used. Pegasystems provides these references for Java EE compliance, but their use is optional. You can continue with the deployment.
- At the bottom of the Warnings page, click Continue.
- Click Next as needed to continue through the remaining steps, accepting the defaults, or setting them to the requirements of your organization.
- On the Summary page, click Finish. The system begins deploying the EAR file, which can take a few minutes. When the deployment completes successfully, WebSphere displays a success message similar to the following: "Application Pega Platform installed successfully."
- Click Save directly to the master configuration.
- Stop the application.