Create an update pipeline for each application to promote the update fixes from the temporary production environment to production.
- The Staging-Clone stage is the updated, cloned, staging environment where you make update fixes. On Pega Cloud services, its URL contains the word clone.
- You can delete the Quality Assurance stage in update pipelines.
- The Ephemeral stage is the temporary production environment. On Pega Cloud services, its URL contains the word ephemeral.
- The Production stage is the production environment. On Pega Cloud services, its URLs contains the word prd.
If you cannot access your DevOps environment, request support from Pegasystems Global Client Support by selecting New request in My Support Portal.
When configuring an update pipeline, perform the following tasks:
- Add the following two rules to the application settings of the deployment
- The application product rule, which includes any fixes that you made to support the update. You must also select the access group to which the application belongs by pressing the Down arrow key in the Access group field when you configure the deployment pipeline.
- The confidence test case product rule, which contains all the data instances for testing, such as the access groups and operator IDs.
See the following image for the location of the product rule fields:
- On the pipeline model, in the Ephemeral stage, for the Deploy task, select the Deploy Test Artifacts check box, as shown in the following figure:
- To control the promotion of update fixes to the
Production stages, you can specify that a
user takes an action before the update fixes are promoted to the next
stage. By configuring a transition, you can run any number of iterative
deployments in the Staging-Clone stage.
Transitions also ensure that you assess and selectively promote a deployment
to the Ephemeral stage when you are ready to
begin the deployment and promote your update fixes and confidence testing
In the following figure, the Staging-Clone stage is set to wait for a user action after the stage is completed:
- In the Production stage, add a manual task before the Deploy task to represent the outcome of the Go-NoGo decision. When you promote your update fixes to production, the user that is assigned to this task accepts the task to promote update fixes to the production environment. This stage should include your application rule but not your confidence test product rule. See the following figure for reference: