For split-schema configurations, Oracle WebLogic Server uses a Deployment Plan to configure the JNDI setting in the application archive. A Deployment Plan is a user-configurable XML file that captures environment-specific configuration properties. If you plan to use a split-schema configuration, follow these steps.
- Create or edit a Deployment Plan.
- Configure a specific directory structure for the Deployment Plan and the EAR/WAR archive.
- Deploy (or redeploy) the application archive and Deployment Plan using the Oracle WebLogic Server administration console or the command line.
- Verify that any third-party or custom JAR files that you installed with the applications are still in-place on the application server. Restore any JAR files that were deleted when the Pega Platform redeployed.
- Editing the Oracle WebLogic Server Deployment Plan
Oracle WebLogic Server requires a Deployment Plan for split-schema configurations. The Pega Platform includes a sample deployment plan that you can use for your environment.
- Configuring the directory structure
If you plan to deploy the Oracle WebLogic Server archive and Deployment Plan using the Oracle WebLogic Server administration console, you must use a specific directory structure.
- Deploying the archive by using the Deployment Plan
To deploy the Oracle WebLogic Server archive with a Deployment Plan using the administration console, log in to the console and deploy the archive.