To identify potential conflicts between custom rules in your application and the updated version of Pega Platform, run the Final Conflicts report.
Rules that are marked final can no longer be overridden. If you have custom rules in your applications that override Pega Platform rules that have now been made final, you will not be able to modify those custom rules after you update to the new ruleset. However, your existing rules will continue to execute.
When you try to save a rule that overrides a final rule, validation fails and you receive an error message specifying the final rule. To resolve the conflict, you must delete application rules that override final system rules, and replace the functionality in your application with other rules.
Final rule conflicts can also arise when rulesets are moved into a system using the Import Archive tool, when a rule "beneath" a final rule is also marked as final, and in other rare situations.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Optional: Create an Excel spreadsheet of rules with conflicts. Click View in Excel.
- Review the list of rules with conflicts. The Availability column specifies whether a rule is final.
- Evaluate all rules that are not final:
- Click the rule name.
- In the rule header, click View to see more information about the conflict.
- Note the instructions in the Guardrail warnings message about the actions needed to resolve the potential conflict.
- Close the window.
- Follow the instructions to resolve the warning.