When you are ready to migrate your update fixes, deploy your changes first to the ephemeral stage and then to production. Promoting your application and updating to production ensures that your application is updated with the latest features and capabilities after an update. On Pega Cloud services, you perform these steps after entering your 60-minute validation window.
- If the pipeline is not open, in the navigation pane of Deployment Manager, click Pipelines and then click the name of the pipeline.
- Click .
- At the top of the page, click the back icon.
- Diagnose your pipeline to troubleshoot issues and verify your pipeline configuration. For more information, see Diagnosing a pipeline in 5.3.x.
- Perform the following steps:
- In the Description field, enter descriptive text about the deployment.
- Click Submit.
Result: When you run the deployment, and Deployment Manager promotes your changes to the temporary production (ephemeral) environment. The deployment stops at the manual task in the Production stage that you added to indicate the Go-NoGo decision.
- For each application, perform application confidence testing on the temporary production environment. For more information, see Understanding confidence testing.
- If you are updating on Pega Cloud services, go to My Pega
Cloud and indicate your approval for the update on your production
environment. You can skip this step if you update from an earlier version or
for on-premises systems.
- In the My Pega Cloud portal, on the Home page, click the Action center banner.
- On the Updates stage screen, click Go-NoGo.
- In the Go-NoGo decision dialog box, select the checkboxes for each task to indicate that you have completed them.
- From the Go-NoGo Approval list, select Go to proceed with the update or NoGo to abandon the update.
- To proceed with the update and initiate the rolling restart, select the Continue with immediate rolling update checkbox.
- Click Submit.
For more information on managing updates in the My Pega Cloud portal, see Upgrades.
Result: In Pega Cloud environments, Pega deletes the temporary production URL and initiates a rolling restart of your live (production) environment.
If you make a NoGo decision, the update does not proceed, an operations engineer contacts you for information about why the update was stopped, and then the engineer reschedules the update.
- Complete the manual approval step that represents the outcome of the Go-NoGo
decision to move the application and test packages to production.
Choice Actions Complete the manual step from within an email Click Accept.
For more information, see Configuring Deployment Manager notifications.
Complete the manual step in the pipeline
- If the pipeline is not open, in the navigation pane, click , and then click the name of the pipeline.
- Click Complete.