For a UI-based experience, use the Installation and Upgrade Assistant.
Because of the large volume of data, run the IUA on the same network as the database server. If this is not possible, run the tool on a system with fast, direct access to the database server. The Deployment user performs these steps.
- Double-click the
PRPC_Setup.jarfile to start the IUA.
Note: If JAR files are not associated with Java commands on your system, start the IUA from the command line. Navigate to the directory containing the
PRPC_Setup.jarfile, and type java -jar PRPC_Setup.jar.
The IUA loads and the Pega icon is displayed in your task bar.
- Click Next to display the license agreement.
- Review the license agreement and click Accept.
- On the Installer Mode screen, choose Update and click Next.
- Choose your database type and click Next.
- Configure the database connection. The JDBC drivers allow the Pega Platform application to communicate with the database. Specify the
existing schema names for the Rules Schema Name and Data
Schema Name fields.
Note: Some of the fields on the Database Connection screen are pre-populated based on the type of database you selected. If you edit these or any other fields on this screen, and then later decide to change the database type, the IUA might not populate the fields correctly. If this occurs, enter the correct field values as documented below, or exit and rerun the IUA to select the intended database type.
- JDBC Driver Class Name — Verify that the pre-populated values are correct.
JDBC Driver JAR Files — Click Select Jar to browse to the appropriate driver files for your database type and version.
Database JDBC URL — Verify that the pre-populated value is accurate.
Database Username and Password — Enter the Deployment user name and password.
Rules Schema Name — Enter the existing rules schema name.
Data Schema Name — Enter the existing data schema name.
Customer Schema Name — Optional: If you have a separate customer data schema, enter the existing customer data schema name.
- Click Test Connection. If the connection is not successful,
review your connection information, correct any errors, and retest. When the connection is
successful, click Next to choose how to apply the data schema. On IBM Db2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows, and IBM Db2 for z/OS, Test Connection does not verify that the schemas exist. Instead, the schemas are automatically generated when the first CREATE TABLE statement executes after the deployment is complete.
- Clear Bypass Automatic DDL Application to have the IUA automatically apply the DDL changes and the UDF.
- Click Next.
- Select your options and click Next:
- Optional: Select Update applications
schema. The Update Applications Schema utility updates all
auto-generated tables with the schema changes in the latest base tables. You can also
run the update applications schema utility later from the
prpcUtils.shscript, or from Dev Studio. For information about using the Update Applications Schema utility, see the online help.
- Optional: Select Run rulebase cleanup to permanently remove old rules. In most cases, removing older rules improves the general performance of the system. Running the cleanup script permanently removes rules older than the current version.
- Optional: Select Update existing applications to modify your existing applications to support the new version of the Pega Platform.
- Optional: Select Rebuild database indexes to have the IUA to rebuild the database indexes after the rulebase loads. The IUA rebuilds the database indexes to ensure good performance after the patch. The amount of time this process adds to the patch depends on the size of your database.
- Optional: Select Update applications schema. The Update Applications Schema utility updates all auto-generated tables with the schema changes in the latest base tables. You can also run the update applications schema utility later from the
- Click Start to begin loading the rulebase. During the patch, the log window might appear inactive when the IUA is processing larger files.
- Click Back to return to the previous screen, and then click Exit to close the IUA.