Before installing a hotfix, you must find out whether extra installation steps are required. Review the hotfixes from the Hotfix Manager.
- To go to the Hotfix Manager landing page, click .
- Click Install Hotfixes to open the Hotfix Installer page.
Ensure that you have the hotfix package file from
Pegasystems Global Client Support, as
Obtaining hotfix packages. Then do either of the following steps.
Upload a local hotfix file:
Click the File icon and Browse to the file location.
Upload a .zip file previously uploaded to the server:
Click the Previously uploaded icon and select the zip file from the list.
- Upload a local hotfix file:
- Click Next to review and install hotfixes.
- When you select a hotfix to install, a warning is displayed if the hotfix requires any
special handing or schema changes. There are three possible situations.
Warning type See No warning Installing hotfix packages Special handing required Installing hotfixes that require special handling Schema changes required Installing hotfixes with schema changes “The hotfix package does not contain all products on the system. Missing products: " The hot fix package does not support all the products installed on the system. Contact Pegasystems Global Client Support before proceeding.
- Optional: Install hotfixes that require special handling.
- To review the special handling instructions for a hotfix, click Requires Special Handling.
- Follow the instructions in the Readme file.
- Then continue at Installing hotfix packages.
- Optional: If your hotfix includes schema changes, specify whether to apply the changes
automatically when the hotfix is installed or to download the schema changes for your
database administrator to apply manually.
Caution: If you roll back a hotfix, included schema changes are not rolled back.
View the schema changes.
- Click Schema Change Details to view the schema changes that are included in this hotfix.
- In the Schema Changes window, select a change row to view the details of the schema change.
- Click Close to return to the warning message.
Automatically apply the schema changes.
- Select Update Automatically.
- Continue at Installing hotfix packages.
- Manually apply the schema changes. To obtain a script with schema changes for your database administrator to apply manually, see Applying database schema changes.
- View the schema changes.