Pega Platform can automatically move rules between the old and new rule schemas after the patch process is complete on a system configured for high availability This allows you to continue making rule changes throughout the patch process. To enable this functionality, you must update the cluster settings to prepare for the patch.
- Log in as a user with the PegaRULES:HighAvailabilityAdministrator role.
- Specify that a patch is in progress by setting the dynamic system setting
PatchUpgradeInProgress to true.
- Search for the dynamic system setting, PatchUpdateInProgress, and edit it.
- In the Value field, enter true.
- Click Save.
- Configure the HA cluster setting to support automatic rule migration:
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Check Cluster upgrading – Disable saving of rules.
Note: The Cluster upgrading – Disable saving of rules setting works in conjunction with the PatchUpdateInProgress rule to enable rule saving in this configuration.
- Click Submit.