Pega Customer Decision Hub hotfixes address one or more specific issues. Some hotfixes are required, because they fix either a problem that many clients will encounter or a more obscure problem that is difficult to resolve. You should update your Pega Customer Decision Hub applications in accordance with the Pega Platform patch schedule.
For more information about the extended support policy for hotfixes, see Pega software maintenance and Extended Support.
Pega Customer Decision Hub hotfixes will only be provided when:
- Pega Customer Decision Hub is running on the latest Pega Platform patch for that minor version of Pega Platform
- The problem is causing a new critical problem that was not caused by a new use case that was part of the initial deployment.
For Pega Customer Decision Hub hotfixes, you should do the following:
- Check Required Pega Customer Decision Hub and Pega Marketing hotfixes at least monthly.
- Install the required Pega Customer Decision Hub hotfixes.
- Apply the latest Pega Platform patch.
- Implement a regular patching process after going live.
All resiliency, reliability, security, and functional problems are fixed in the most recently released Pega Customer Decision Hub version.
Therefore, Pega strongly advises against introducing new functionality to a deployment (such as adding new channels, or using features for the first time, such as Next-Best-Action Designer) on older versions of Pega Customer Decision Hub. You can continue adding new content such as actions and treatments to an existing system running an older version of Pega Customer Decision Hub if the new content does not use new capabilities.
As of February 2020, Pega does not make older versions of either Pega Customer Decision Hub or its predecessor product, Pega Marketing, available for digital download. You can fill out an exception form to request these older releases for critical situations.