You can run a utility in your application to update the cases that users were following in previous releases so that the cases are no longer locked when they are followed. By using this utility, other users can follow cases, because they are no longer locked.
If you have cases that no users were following, you can update the cases by adding the latest UI kit but do not have to run the utility. If users subsequently follow these cases, the cases are no longer locked.
Any custom logic that relies on of the work party type of follower continues to work. However, it is recommended that you run this utility or replace your logic with APIs to retrieve a list of followers for a case. You can access APIs and API documentation by clicking Resources > Pega API.
To update your cases:
- Add the latest UI kit to your application stack.If you have cases in previous versions that no users were following, you must add the UI kit if you want to update cases so that they are no longer locked when users subsequently follow them.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click Definition.
- In the Built on application section, click Add application.
- In the Name field, enter
- In the Version field, press the Down Arrow key and select the latest version.
- Click Save.
- Optional: If you are updating cases that users were following, run the update utility.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Click Update case followers.
- In the dialog box that is displayed, click Run utility.