Pega Cloud® Services offers Pega Platform™ “as-a-service,” which enables our clients to focus on developing their applications. This relieves your team from the burden of managing components of your infrastructure stack. As part of your subscription agreement, Pega is responsible for provisioning, upgrading, and maintaining the reliability of your Cloud infrastructure. Pega has developed a proprietary control plane to operate Pega software in the cloud, which Pega maintains, updates, and extends as part of the service. The architecture of Pega Cloud Services – and how Pega operates this service – is the Intellectual Property (IP) of Pegasystems.
The security of Pega Platform and the Pega Cloud Services infrastructure is a top priority at Pega. Our technical experts are here to resolve issues that clients have in their Pega Cloud Services environment. As such, unless it is relevant to the client’s responsibilities for their environment, Pega Cloud Services support teams typically do not share specifics of the Cloud infrastructure, such as screenshots of capacity/usage, infrastructure logs, firewall/security configurations, and details about the general architecture of Pega Cloud Services. The release of this information puts the security of Pega Cloud Services environments at risk.
To help you better understand your Pega Cloud Services subscription agreement, Pega provides the following examples of information which Cloud Services support teams can share with clients:
- Which aspects of your Pega application are impacting your cloud environment.
- Recommended next steps you can take to help remediate issues in your cloud environment.
- What actions Pega Cloud Services support teams have taken to remediate risks or potential risks.
- How you can leverage Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud (PDC) to diagnose your application’s health.
- Self-service capabilities available to you with Pega Cloud Services.
- Reports and metrics on your system’s availability.
- Your cloud environment’s Deployment Region.
- General information about Pega Cloud Services capabilities such as networking and integration, security and data protection, and how we monitor your environment.
By following this approach, Pega ensures we provide clients with secure and reliable cloud environments. For more information on security responsibilities in Pega Cloud Services, refer to the Security standards and Client security responsibilities sections of the Pega Cloud Services subscription documentation.