Decrease the duration of data synchronization and limit the amount of data
that the offline-enabled mobile app downloads, by implementing optimistic packaging for
offline-enabled case types during data synchronization. With optimistic packaging, the app
only packages and downloads the current flow that is active on the user's
For example, in an offline-enabled app for expense reporting, users might
only need to access a flow in which they attach a receipt scan to a group expense report.
Therefore, you can implement optimistic packaging for an expense submission case type to improve
the app performance in offline mode.
Before you begin: Add a case type to your offline-enabled app. For more
information, see Enabling case processing in offline-enabled mobile apps.
By default, when you enable the processing of a case type in offline mode, the entire
case type and available rules are available offline after data synchronization. However, some
use case scenarios do not require all case type data to be available offline, but only the
rules that are relevant to the flow that is currently on the user's worklist. By limiting
packaging to only the data that is relevant to the current work item, you can make the data
synchronization in your offline-enabled app more effective for your business
- Open your mobile channel:
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click
Channels and interfaces.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click
the tile that represents a mobile channel for your app.
- On the mobile channel page, on the Configuration tab, click the
- In the Case type section, next to the case type for which you want
to adjust the packaging, click the Edit configuration icon.
- In the case type configuration dialog box, expand the Advanced
- Select the Available offline only when in user's worklist check
- In the dialog box, click OK.
- On the mobile channel rule form, click Save.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio,
- Expand the Decision category, and then click
- In the list of when rule instances, search for the
pyPackageAssignmentFlows when rule, and then set it to
This rule is available in the @baseclass
class and is set to
by default. For more information, see When Condition rules
- On the when rule form, click Save.