- Create a mobile channel for your app. For more information, see Setting up mobile apps.
- Ensure that you have case types and instances that the app can use as search categories. For example, create a case type that handles expense reporting and a case type that handles requests for per diem allowances. For more information, see Case types.
- Open your mobile channel:
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the tile that represents a mobile channel for your app.
- On the mobile channel page, on the Content tab, click the Search category.
- In the Search categories section, click Add category, and then select the case type that you want to use as a search category.
- In the search category configuration window, in the Name field, enter the label for the search category that the app uses to group search results at run time.
- In the Data view field, enter the data page that you
want to use as the source for the search category.
Note: Offline-enabled mobile apps download all data for search categories during the first startup after installation. Avoid adding data sources with a large amount of data, to decrease the startup time of an offline-enabled app.
- Optional: To change the default icon of a search category, next to the current icon,
click the Change button, and then select the icon that
you want to use:
- In the icon selection modal dialog box, click the Show image viewer icon.
- In the Image catalog window, enter an image name, and then click Find.
- Select the image that you want to use as the default icon for the
search category, click OK, and then click
Important: Search category icons only support .png image types.
- In the search case type configuration window, in the List item
information section, configure how the app page displays the
- In the Primary field, enter the property that you want to use to populate the label of the search result at run time.
- In the Secondary field, enter the property that
you want to use to populate the secondary text of the search result at
run time.You can add up to three secondary fields with information to display in search results.
For example: Use the following field and property configuration to display the search results for expense reports:
- For the Primary field, add the Label property that defines the expense report name.
- For the Secondary field, add the Amount property that defines the total amount of the expense.
- Click Submit.
Note: Changes to the search configuration apply to all mobile channels in your application.
- Optional: To add more categories, repeat steps 3
Note: When you add two or more categories, the app also displays the All category when users perform a search. This category displays all search results in a single tab.
- Click Save.
- Add the search action to the menu bar of your app:
- On the mobile channel page, on the Content tab, click the Navigation category.
- In the Navigation section, click .
- Click Save.
- Authoring mobile list pages
Improve the responsiveness and load time of the user interface in your mobile app by displaying the content of your app as a mobile list page. This way you enhance your app with a native screen that has fluent transitions and a search bar in the header by default.
- Authoring mobile case pages for Cosmos React applications
Customize case pages in the low-code authoring environment to highlight the most relevant information in one, user-friendly mobile view. This way, you ensure that users can efficiently view and edit cases on their mobile devices.
- Adding a floating action button
Promote the most important action on a page by adding a floating action button to your mobile app. For example, you can add a floating action button that starts a case flow for creating a new expense report in your Expenses mobile app.
- Adding items to the menu bar
Create effective navigation experience in your mobile app by adding pages and actions to the menu bar. For example, you can add a custom profile page to the menu bar of your Expenses app so that users can conveniently access the screen with their basic contact information.