- Create a Pega Platform application and configure a mobile channel for the application. For more information, see Designing applications for offline mode and Setting up mobile apps.
- Ensure that you have a case type that you can use in the offline-enabled app, and that the case type only uses features that are supported in offline mode. For more information about offline-supported features, see Understanding offline features. For more information about creating a case type, see Creating a top-level case type.
Customize the look of selected synchronization indicators by creating and modifying the corresponding style formats.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of the application, and then click Skin.
- On the Component styles tab, expand the dynamic layouts menu by clicking Dynamic layouts.
- In the dynamic layouts menu, in the Controls section, click Buttons.
- In the My Formats tab, click Add new style.
- In the Create a new format dialog box, in the
Format name field, specify the indicator that you
want to customize by entering the corresponding value:
- To customize the Offline indicator, enter Mobile Offline Indicator.
- To customize the Syncing indicator, enter Mobile Syncing Indicator.
- To customize the Sync failed. Retry? indicator, enter Mobile SyncFailed Indicator.
- To customize the Successfully synced indicator, enter Mobile Synced Indicator.
- Click Submit.
- In the corresponding editing pane, customize the synchronization
indicator.You can customize the following aspects of the indicator:
- Background color
- Font color
- Font size
- Font weight
- Click Save.
- Optional: To customize another synchronization indicator, repeat steps 4 through 8.
- Offline case packaging optimization during synchronization
When you design an application that users can access with an offline-enabled mobile app on a mobile device, you can improve the performance of an offline-enabled mobile app when the application contains a large number of case types. You do this by optimizing offline case packaging during synchronization.
- Propagating application model changes to offline-enabled mobile apps
Ensure that changes to the model of your application are reflected in your offline-enabled mobile app by clearing the cache of the app and forcing full synchronization.
- Configuring time-outs for synchronization indicators
Keep users informed about mobile app synchronization in an efficient way by controlling synchronization indicators. For example, you can determine how long the app displays the Successfully synced message.