Create a mobile provisioning profile for the iOS certificate set that is required to generate an installation package for your iOS app.
- Ensure that you have access to an Apple Developer Portal account. For more information, see the Apple developer documentation.
- Obtain a signing certificate that you can use in the provisioning profile. The type of certificate must match the profile type that you want to create. For example, to create a provisioning profile for distribution, you need a distribution signing certificate. For more information, see Obtaining a signing certificate for iOS apps.
- Obtain an App ID that you can use in the provisioning profile. For more information, see Obtaining an App ID for iOS apps.
You generate a provisioning profile in the Apple Developer Portal to ensure that you can install and run the app for testing and distribution. When you create a provisioning profile, you link the information about the app, the team that created the app, and the distribution method, and then store that information in the app bundle.
- Go to https://developer.apple.com, and then sign in to your Apple Developer Portal account.
- On your account dashboard, click Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
- On the Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles page, in the category list on the left side of the screen, click Profiles.
- In the Profiles section, add a new profile by clicking the plus icon.
- In the Register a New Provisioning Profile section, choose
the profile type that you want to use for your app:
- To create a provisioning profile to use during app development, click iOS App Development.
- To create a provisioning profile to use to distribute and install the app on a limited number of registered devices, click Ad Hoc.
- To create a provisioning profile to use to distribute and submit the app to the App Store, click App Store.
- To create a provisioning profile to use to distribute the app for use within your organization, click In House.
- Click Continue.
- In the Generate a Provisioning Profile section, from the App ID list, select the App ID that you want to use with your profile.
- Click Continue.
- In the Select Certificates section, choose the signing
certificate that you want to use with your profile:
- For a development provisioning profile, select the check boxes next to
the development signing certificates that you want to use.
Note: For scenarios in which multiple developers work on the app, you can add multiple development signing certificates to a development provisioning profile. You can also debug mobile apps that have a development provisioning profile by using Safari Web Inspector.
- For a distribution provisioning profile, click the distribution signing certificate that you want to use.
- For a development provisioning profile, select the check boxes next to the development signing certificates that you want to use.
- Click Continue.
- If you created a development provisioning profile, in the Select Devices section, select the check boxes next to the registered devices that you want to use for the development of your app, and then click Continue.
- In the Review, Name and Generate section, in the Provisioning Profile Name, enter the name for your provisioning profile.
- Click Generate.
- In the Download and Install section, click
Download, and then save the
.mobileprovisionfile with your profile on your hard drive.
.mobileprovisionfile format that you can upload to an iOS certificate set in Pega Platform. With an App ID, a signing certificate, and a provisioning profile, you are now ready to generate a signed iOS app.