- To view all your pending change requests, log in as a user in the <your overlay application>:NBASpecialist access group.
- In the To do section of the Pega 1:1 Operations Manager Home page, click Go by the request that you want to review.
- Review the request details and the required Build tasks.
- In the Design treatment task, perform one of the following steps,
depending on the specifications:
- If the business user selected an existing treatment, review it.
- Configure a new treatment.
Note: By default, the system generates treatment names according to the following schema: ActionName + treatment name + number of treatments. You can modify the name as required, as long as the name that you specify for the treatment is unique.
- In the Configure engagement policy task, configure the
eligibility, applicability, and suitability criteria, as well as the contact policy
- After specifying eligibility details, on the Prepare validation
tab, select the persona to perform unit testing for the eligibility criteria.You can select from existing personas based on how well they match the criteria you configure, or define a new persona for the test.
- On the Run validation tab, for each selected persona, specify
the desired outcome of the action in the Desired outcome column, as
in the following figure:
- Click the Run icon above the list of personas.
Result: The validation runs. If the desired outcome for a persona matches the actual outcome, the validation for that persona is successful. Otherwise, the validation is marked as Failed. For each persona, you can view the validation details. Failed validation criteria are marked in red.
- On the Peer review tab, enter notes for the peer reviewer, and then complete the task.
- Optional: To get the next task from your work list, click Get next.
Creating a test persona for Pega 1:1 Operations Manager
To validate the engagement policy changes implemented for a change request, NBA Specialists can define test personas with characteristics relevant to the engagement policy.As part of working on a change request, NBA Specialists can run a validation on the engagement policy changes that they implement. This validation uses customer personas to check whether the outcome of the changes matches the expectations, that is, that the new or updated action is selected for the correct audience. NBA Specialists with access to Dev Studio can define these personas as required.
- Log in to your Pega Customer Decision Hub implementation application as an operator with access to Dev Studio.
- In the left navigation pane, click App.
- In the Classes section, enter Data-Decision-Request-Customer, and then press Enter.
- Click .
- Click an existing persona transform, for example, CustomerPersona.
- Click Save as to save the data transform into your own implementation layer.
- On the Definition tab, adjust the properties as required.