- Ensure that your access group is associated with the Pega-CTI ruleset and the rulesets that you want to use in your Pega Call application.
- Create a new CTI link. See Connecting new CTI links by using the configuration wizard.
Navigate through the wizard screens by clicking Back and Next at the bottom of the screen.
You can close the tab any time during the session to exit the wizard.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Pega Call: Administration & Configuration page, click the Telephony Experience tab.
- Click Start configuration wizard.
- In the Connect CTI stage, select I have already configured a CTI Link to use and click Next.
- From the Select CTI Link drop-down list, select the link to configure and click Next.
- In the Application and Ruleset stage select the
application context to be used for processing CTI events. Select a ruleset name
and its version, and then click Next.
Result: Your access group settings will be verified.
- If required, edit the access group associations. Click Next.
- In the Telephony controls stage, select the primary
means to control calls and then click Next.
- Pega Desktop as the primary means to control calls
- Select this option if the Pega desktop is the primary means by which
CSRs control calls (for example hold and transfer).
With this option, call and agent state management options are enabled, and the CSRs can manage calls and handle the agent state (available or unavailable) from the Pega desktop.
- Another tool as a primary means to control telephony
Select this option if you have another tool (hardware or software) to manage the calls.
With the Another tool as a primary means to control telephony option selected, you can receive call notifications (for example screen pops) on Pega desktop. Optionally, the CSR can handle the agent state from Pega desktop.
Choice Steps Pega desktop controls calls
- Select the Pega Desktop as the primary means to control calls option and click Next.
- In the Configure if users will transfer cases with calls step, select the option that matches your requirements and click Next.
Another tool controls calls
- Select the Another tool as the primary means to control telephony and click Next.
- In the Configure how users will set Agent State (Available/Not Available) step, select the option that corresponds to your implementation and click Next.
- Optional: To place a test incoming call, perform the following actions:
- Ensure that the Monitor a Test Agent for Inbound Call check box is selected and click Next.
- Click the telephony icon and log in to your call center instance.
- Make the test call to verify connectivity.
- In the configuration wizard, click Back to return to the preceding step.
- Clear the Monitor a Test Agent for Inbound Call check box and click Next.
- Click Next.
- In the Call Data and screenpops stage, select the additional data mapping options that you want to use and then click Next.
- In the CONFIGURE DESKTOP BEHAVIOR WHEN A CALL ARRIVES
step, select the call processing option that you want to use.
Choice Steps Display Screen Pop
- Select the Display Screen Pop option and click Next.
- Select the properties to associate with the screen pop and click Next.
Start Interaction processing
For more information on screen pops and automatic call processing, see Desktop behavior on arriving calls.
- Select the Start Interaction processing option and click Next.
- In the Review and Save stage, verify the configuration and
After running the configuration wizard, you can also modify the settings manually from the Pega Call: Administration & Configuration page. See Editing CTI links, telephony experience, and call treatment manually.