- Before starting an update, and before backing up your system, review the database policies and application permissions that are used by your Pega Platformupdate. Determine whether the application is permitted to update the database automatically or if you must generate the database scripts that your organization will use to manually make schema changes.
- Update to the latest version of Pega Platform 8.6, and ensure that you can log in as an administrator. For more information, see the Pega Platform Update Guide for your environment on the Deploy Pega Platform page.
- Determine which language packs are applicable to your product and check for availability. For additional information, see Pega Marketplace.
- Update the application bundle which includes both Pega Customer Service 8.6 and Pega Sales Automation 8.6. Verify only the application that you are using.
- If the distribution media files for Pega Customer Service and Pega Sales Automation include patch releases, import the patch release files before continuing with the installation.
- Update and verify a full update of Pega Foundation for Healthcare 8.6. For information, see the Pega Foundation for Healthcare Update Guide on the Pega Foundation for Healthcare product page.
- Apply any required hotfixes by using the Hotfix Manager. For more information, see Applying hotfixes to an on-premises system.
- Update the application bundle which includes both Pega Customer Service for Healthcare 8.6 and Pega Sales Automation for Healthcare 8.6. Verify the applications that you are using.