This article is part of the Pega Cloud for Government Subscription Documentation.
Pegasystems is committed to the preventive safeguarding of the Pega Cloud for Government (PCFG) network and the high availability of PCFG client instances. This commitment includes working to prevent Severity 1 incidents that could have significant business impact for multiple PCFG clients.
Pega Cloud for Government Operations has a disaster recovery plan that is used by incident responders in the event of a multiple-client S1 incident (as defined in the plan), and which prepares the team to rapidly respond and efficiently recover service to affected PCFG clients. The plan covers the following areas:
- Physical disasters. PCFG client environments are hosted by Amazon Web Services (AWS). Production environments, and the business applications and data deployed in them, are protected by multi-zone automatic failover and fully replicated database and application instances. Physical disaster impacts on PCFG client environments are extremely unlikely.
- Client support facilities replication. Pega Cloud client support facilities are also replicated and staffed in multiple locations in the US. During a declared Disaster situation in one location, Operations and Information Security engineers from other Pega support sites will provide monitoring, system administration, and security awareness to Pega Cloud for Government environments.
- Database replication. For client production environments, in addition to the primary database, a secondary database can be used for disaster recovery. The secondary database is a hot standby of the primary one and provides near-real-time failover capability for critical systems on the PCFG platform. Following recovery of service, PCFG Operations can perform restoration from backup, if needed.
- Plan information. Pega Cloud for Government has disaster recovery plans that include roles, responsibilities, activation, response, recovery, reconstitution, and validation of PCFG environments. PCFG Information Security and PCFG Operations regularly test these plans (at a minimum, annually).
- Prepared response. Pega Cloud for Government offers 24x7x365 situational awareness monitoring, and is prepared to activate disaster recovery plans with disaster recovery team response within moments of any disastrous incident. Response bridge calls would include disaster recovery responders and clients, as appropriate.
- Announcements portal for major events. In the event of a major incident that affects service to client environments, PCFG Operations notifies affected clients (using the My Support Portal or email). Clients receive updates on restoration progress, and when normal service is restored.