Business Intelligence Exchange (BIX) provides extract and transform functions for Pega Cloud clients. You can use BIX to extract application data from your Pega Cloud environments into industry-standard formats that you can import to other popular business intelligence applications.
These high-performance, multi-threaded extraction operations can function independently of Pega Platform and give you the option to schedule extracts automatically, which saves you time.
Pega offers BIX as an optional add-on product. To ensure your license includes BIX access, contact your Pega Account Executive.
In Pega Cloud applications that have BIX enabled, you can configure the following items to create an extraction process:
- A BIX extract rule for each rule that you want to use, which specifies the following
- Properties to extract
- Output file formats such as XML and CSV (delivered as a single compressed file) or a database schema
- Class instances to extract each time that the extract rule runs (by specifying filter criteria or by choosing the incremental extraction option to select all instances created or modified since the last run of the Extract rule)
- An application connection that places extract files to your chosen directory using BIX FTP listener or the Pega SFTP service
- A Pega Job Scheduler rule to run each Extract rule periodically
For more information, see Overview of BIX extractions in Pega Cloud environments.