Pega Cloud clients can archive your resolved case data to Pega Cloud File storage, and then purge the data from your Pega database. Archiving and purging this data can help you to improve system performance and other functionality.
You can also set a data retention policy on data archived to Pega Cloud File storage that expunges the archived data permanently. Periodically purging entries from your database has the following benefits:
- Improves application performance
- Improves search and reporting
- Increases performance for database queries
- Shortens database maintenance cycles
- Reduces primary database costs
- Creates better compliance with government compliance policies, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
For an overview for archiving and purging, see Case archiving and purging overview.